I made this delicious cheesecake for my tea and cake party last Friday, the recipe is straight forward and the
end result delicious. Just make sure you leave enough time for it to set – I didn’t and it was rather gooey on
the first round of eating it!
You will need :
18 finely crushed Oreo cookies
2 tbsp/30g butter or margarine, melted
3 packets/680g of Philadelphia cream cheese, softened
1 can/397g sweetened condensed milk
2 tsp. vanilla
12oz/360g semi-sweet chocolate chunks, melted, slightly cooled
Pre-heat your oven to 300°F/150°C/Gas mark 2.
- When beating your cheese, condensed milk and vanilla use a large bowl and an electric mixer on medium speed. Mix until well blended.
- Turn your blender down to low when adding the eggs.
- Bake for 1 hour 5 minutes or until the centre is almost set. Run a knife or metal spatula around the rim of the pan, leave to cool before refrigerating.
- Add garnish as desired, for example strawberries.
- Store any leftovers in the fridge.