Quite a while ago I wrote myself a list of thirty things that I want to do by the time I turn thirty (the list is always available to view by clicking on the 30 by 30 tab at the top of my blog). With just over a year left I guess it is about time that I start making an effort to tick some items off my list, a lot of them are easily achievable but just not things that I do in every day life.
2. Learn to drive I am hoping to re-start my lessons this year. We had the money saved for this last year but I kept making excuses to put it off. I am hoping to bite the bullet and book a week crash course and get myself behind the wheel.
4. Go on the London Eye I have absolutely no excuse not to complete this one. Husband hates London but I have a real good friend living there and am hoping to plan a visit to see him in the not too distant future, hopefully I can fit a go on the London Eye in then.
9. Quit smoking This one annoys me, I used an electronic cigarette a while back and found it a great aid to kick the filthy habit in the butt. Brands such as Freshcig offer a great selection of products including a range of around 18 flavours of e-liquid. I am still semi smoking (in social situations) but am proud of how much I have managed to cut back. I am aware that I still have a long way to go.
10. Have children/start trying for children I just need to convince the husband on this one, hopefully this will happen this year.
12. Cook a three course meal from scratch I still haven’t done this and have absolutely no excuse not to do this.
4. Make £100 from selling old things from around the house, clothes, etc- total to date £114.90 This total is larger now, this is just what I managed to make in the year that I originally compiled this list. It is amazing how much money you can make from your old tat.
16. Holiday in North Wales We are going to North Wales in April this year, I can’t believe I’ve never been before and am really looking forward to it.
17. Visit Paris I have to be realistic here and admit that this probably won’t happen. My priority is to start a family or at least start saving to start one so romantic little trips like this will have to be put on the back burner.
18. Visit West Midlands Safari Park again This hasn’t happened yet. I am hoping to go this Summer.
19. Learn Welsh This one was quite ambitious, I am absolutely awful at learning new languages, I never have any spare time and I’m not motivated enough. We will probably send our children to a Welsh school so this needs to happen one day, I’m just not sure it will happen in the next year.
22. Get over my fear and give blood again I gave blood for the first time several years ago. I almost passed out and had to lie down with a wet flannel on my head while several people stood around fanning me. I still haven’t got over this fear but I do hope that I will soon.
23. Go on a cruise As with Paris this is highly unlikely.
24. Visit Chester I am hoping to add a night in Chester onto the end of our North Wales break this April, we leave on the Friday before my birthday so am trying to convince hubby to book into a nice hotel in Chester for my birthday present.
25. Visit Italy As with the cruise and Paris this is also on the back burner.
29. Eat at a Michelin Star Restaurant I need a big occasion so that I have an excuse to do this. Maybe for our second Wedding anniversary in November.
30. Go to London to watch the Marathon This won’t happen this year as it is on the day before our holiday to North Wales. Hopefully I can get this done in 2015, my birthday is on the 20th April so depending on the date it falls next year I may or may not get to cross this off before I turn thirty.
All in all I’m pretty pleased with my progress so far, I’ve crossed fifteen items off the list already and should hopefully be able to achieve at least another ten. There are four items that I have pretty much given up on as they aren’t achievable in my current circumstances, there was no way that I would be able to cross everything off without coming into money!
Have you written a thirty by thirty list or something similar? What would you like to do?